Effective June 9th, 2021
Please keep in mind that certain information submitted to the Platform will be publicly available. For example, your telephone number and other information that you choose to share with your contacts using the Platform.
Data we collect
“Personal Data” means information that can be used to identify you, and may include your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, birthdate, credit card information, etc. We collect Personal Data that you voluntarily provide us, for example when you register a user account, request support, or otherwise reach out to us. Your submission of Personal Data is voluntary, but we may be unable to provide you requested information or services if you choose not to provide necessary Personal Data.
“Other Information” means information that does not identify you personally, and may include technical details regarding the device you use to access the Platform, IP address, operating system, browser, referral URLs, page views, location data (if location services are enabled), clicks, etc. Our systems automatically collect this kind of Other Information when you interact with the Platform. Other Information also includes information that may originally have been Personal Data but has been aggregated or anonymized such that it cannot be used to identify any individual.
Cookies and similar technology
We use “cookies” to obtain certain types of data when your web browser accesses our website. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our system to recognize you and your personalized settings, to better understand how you interact with the Platform, to monitor aggregate usage, and to optimize web traffic routing on our website. Most browsers have settings to disable or limit cookies, but please note that certain areas or features of the Platform may not be available or fully-functional if you choose to disable cookies for our websites. We may also use pixel tags, web beacons, or similar technologies to understand how our users interact with our sites and emails. Our website does not respond to “do not track” signals.
Use of your data
We use your Personal Data:
- for the purposes for which you provided it to us (e.g., to provide you with our products and services, to create or update your user account, for billing, for identification and authentication, to obtain telephone numbers, to send messages you institute, or process a transaction, as applicable);
- to verify your eligibility as a customer;
- to respond to your inquiries and communications to us;
- to improve, maintain, and operate the Platform;
- to inform you about opportunities, events, or services in which you may be interested, including those offered by our affiliates;
- to investigate and prevent possible fraud;
- to exercise or defend our rights and comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, including responding to lawful requests for information by governmental authorities; and
- for other reasons with your prior consent.
You can opt out of receiving promotional or marketing emails from us at any time by clicking the unsubscribe, opt-out, or similar link at the bottom of any such emails. Please note we may still contact you in connection with your account or any transactions involving you. We may use Other Information (which does not identify you personally) for any manner we deem appropriate, including without limitation to improve, maintain, and operate the Platform.
Disclosure of your data
We will not sell your Personal Data for unaffiliated third-party marketing or solicitation. We may share your Personal Data with our affiliates and as needed to fulfill the purposes described in the “USE OF YOUR DATA” section above, including:
- with the recipient of messages you send;
- with our service providers, such as telecommunication provider, email management providers, customer support providers, and payment processors, who are only permitted to use the data on our behalf;
- as necessary to exercise or defend our rights or comply with applicable law or orders from law enforcement and other governmental authorities; and
- to other third parties with your prior consent.
Additionally, in the event of a merger, consolidation, sale, or transfer of all or substantially all of our assets or business, one of the assets that would generally be transferred is the data we have collected, which would be transferred subject to the applicable version of this Policy. We may disclose Other Information (which does not identify you personally) to any parties and for any purposes we deem appropriate.
Data retention, access, and correction; security
We are based in the United States. By using the Platform, you consent to your Personal Data being transferred to and stored in the United States. We may retain your data so long as we can reasonably foresee the data may be required in connection with our business relationship with you. In some cases, we will retain the data for a longer period as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, follow records retention policies, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. You may access and update your Personal Data by visiting your account profile. We have implemented reasonable physical, organizational, and technical procedures to secure the Personal Data we have in our possession. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security when dealing with internet connections. Please do not provide any sensitive Personal Data (like credit card number or social security number) through unprotected methods like email correspondence.
Your California privacy rights
California law entitles California residents to certain additional protections regarding Personal Data. For purposes of this section alone, “Personal Data” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident or household. We collect the following categories of CCPA Personal Information:
- Identifiers: name and email address.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data: We do not receive geolocation data, but receive your IP address from which we can determine your general location.
- Inferences: We do not use inferences about Your Information to profile other consumers. To the extent that we may send you outreach communications tailored to your interest, such interest would be determined based on your interactions with us, our Partners, or our Service Providers.
- information regarding your Personal Data we have collected in the past 12 months (including the categories of Personal Data we have collected, the categories of sources of such information, and the purposes for which we have collected such information);
- notice of whether we have disclosed your Personal Data to third parties in the past 12 months (and if so, what categories of information we have disclosed, and what categories of third parties we have disclosed it to);
- a copy of your Personal Data collected by us in the past 12 months; and
- that your Personal Data be deleted.
We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise any of these rights. To make any of the above requests, please contact us as set forth at the end of this policy. We may require verification of your identity before further processing your request. In certain instances, we may be permitted by law to decline some or all of such request.
The Platform is not directed toward children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information, the parent or guardian should contact us at email@example.com, and we will take reasonable steps to promptly remove such data from its systems (subject to any applicable, legally required or permitted, retention standards).
Third party sites
For more information or for help in answering any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.